(Energy Performance Certificate)
What is a residential EPC (Energy Performance Certificate)?
Throughout the UK Energy Performance Certificates are produced using standard methods and energy assumptions which allows buildings to be compared with another fairly. By doing this it allows owners, prospective buyers or tenants to view the projected energy consumption and carbon ratings over a yearly basis, so they can consider the overall energy efficiency and fuel costs as part of their investment or living expenses.
All Energy Performance Certificates are accompanied with a recommendations report which outlines cost-effective measures that can be put in place to improve the overall energy efficiency rating of a given property. A typical recommendation could be to upgrade a building’s heating system, increase insulation levels in a loft space or to upgrade single glazed areas to double glazing.
The Energy Performance Certificate is important as more than 50 percent of UK’s energy consumption and carbon emissions are produced by the way that we light, heat and generally use buildings. Relatively small changes such as installing low energy or LED lighting in all outlets of a building can have a profound effect on energy consumption.
Up to 2-3 bedrooms homes. For prices of properties 4 bedrooms and above, please call us for a quote on 0117 287 2899.
Residential EPC Bristol
What we offer
Focus 360 marketing has 10 years’ experience offering energy performance certificates (EPC’s) in Bristol and throughout the south-west. A vast number of clients including estate agents, solicitors, property landlords, facility managers and the general public. We currently cover Bristol and surrounding areas. Our prices start at £44.00 inc VAT for a property up to 3 bedrooms in size. For properties larger than 3 bedrooms, please call our office for a bespoke quote. If you are after a one-off or a portfolio of residential EPC’s get in touch and we would be happy to provide you with a competitive price and a high standard of service.
Professional and reliable
Flexible appointments to suit you
Friendly practical advice
10 years experience in the industry
24 hour turnaround from site visit
Looking for a copy of your residential EPC & want to check whether you are due to expire?
Our residential EPC process
1. Schedule your EPC
2. The Assessment
Commonly asked questions about Residential EPCs
When is an energy performance certificate required?
All energy performance certificate are valid for a period of 10 years from the date that they are issued and must be carried out by a qualified domestic energy assessor.
If you have gone ahead with any of the recommendations outlined in a previous EPC you may decide to have a fresh EPC done to ensure that the improvements are taking into account resulting in an improved rating.
Are there any cases whereby my building may be exempt?
- Listed buildings
- Detached buildings of 50m2 or less
- Temporary buildings that will be used less than 2 years.
- Some buildings that are due for demolition
- Holiday accommodation that’s rented out for 4 months or less a year or is let under a license.
What are the penalties for not having an EPC?
When do I pay?
What is your residential EPC process?
- Upon arrival to the property, the energy assessor will introduce themselves, explain the process and carry out a health & safety risk assessment for safety purposes.
- The assessor will require access to all of the rooms in the property, including (where applicable) loft hatch, room in the roof, extensions, conservatory, electric and gas metres.
- The assessor will draw a sketch plan of the overall floor area of the property. Once this is done they will work through each room taking precise measurements and capturing all relevant data (Property age, construction materials, Wall thicknesses, heating systems & controls, hot water cylinder details, water cylinder insulation, Secondary heating systems (if applicable), Floor construction, glazing type and low energy lighting.
Please note that we respect your home at all times and will ensure that it will be left as it was before we conducted our survey.
Get in touch to request a free consultation
If you would like to discuss your requirements further, but prefer meeting face to face, please fill our your details and we will get back to you as soon as possible (usually within one working day)